Becoming a Member
Are you interested in becoming a Member at Pear Orchard?
We are delighted that you have been worshiping with us at Pear Orchard and are interested in becoming a member of the church.
There are two steps to becoming a member a Pear Orchard:
First, you attend the Inquirers’ Class taught by our pastors to help you learn about Pear Orchard, its beliefs and theology and its denomination, Presbyterian Church in America, and its government, discipline, doctrine, and history. The class is held several times throughout the year. During the class, participants are encouraged to ask any question about Pear Orchard or the Presbyterian Church in America. Upon completion of the class, you are not obligated to join Pear Orchard; however, the class is required for church membership.
Second, you make a public profession of faith by sharing a brief testimony of your personal faith in Jesus Christ with the elders of the church (the Session), and by affirming the following membership vows:
Your Commitment to Christ:
1. Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
2. Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
Your Commitment to His Church:
3. Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
4. Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
5. Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
(from Chapter 57-5 of the PCA Book of Church Order)
Do you have a question about becoming a member at Pear Orchard? Email your questions to Pastor Carl.