To draw children at risk out of sorrow and into adoption
As part of POPCʼs ministry to Christ, through Godʼs heart for the ʻleast of these,ʼ we seek to provide care for the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of children at risk who are suffering locally and through-out the world, by encouraging, educating, equipping and supporting our church body towards adoption, orphan care and foster care so that in this we may live to demonstrate to the world the magnificent beauty of Jesus Christ and the power of His life transforming presence.
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:11-12
According to UNICEF’s recent statistics, there are 163 million orphans who have lost one or both parents throughout the world today. The need is so vast and it just so happens that the church world wide is one of the largest organizations there is that could begin to change the statistics. In fact, to care for orphans and widows in their distress is one of the church’s mandates from the Lord. James 1:27 says: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” Our heart with Moses’ Basket is to be a “basket” to help facilitate the three-fold vision of: Orphan Care, Foster Care and Adoption.
We Invite You to Join Us
- Moses’ Basket Prayer Team- Please contact Estelle Sones at email@example.com.
- Moses’ Basket Welcome Home Shower Team- Please contact Estelle Sones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moses’ Basket Adoption/Foster Care Help Team
- Safe Families for Children
- If you would like to be added to an email list to receive prayer requests, updates on what is going on with Moses' basket and Mississippi orphans, and opportunities to serve, please contact Estelle Sones at email@example.com
- If you would like to receive information about volunteering at a Foster Care Family Respite Event on February 10th or April 8th, 2017, please contact Estelle Sones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive information about joining our POPC Adoptive Parent Lunch Group, please contact Estelle Sones at email@example.com
- 200 Million Flowers is partnering with the state to host Rescue 100 at Mississippi College October 21st-23rd. All licensure (excluding home study) to become a foster family in central Mississippi can be completed in this one weekend. Visit 200millionflowers.org for more information.
- Moses' Basket is excited to host respite events in which foster families can drop off foster and biological children for a few hours of free childcare (Friday night February 10th and Saturday morning, April 8th, 2017). Please contact Estelle Sones if you are interested in volunteering.
- Adoption Helps Team Signup
- Glen Ulrich
- Betsy Denny
- Estelle Sones
- Claire Winchester
- Katie Files
- Jim Lee
- Susan Spencer
- Amy Brown
- Krisan White
- Rebekah Mitchell